Project Director Togetajob
JacobsDirect Employer on Togetajob since 01/01/1970
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the “why” of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we’re integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow._
– Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow._
At Jacobs, we push the limits of what’s possible to make the world smarter, more connected and more sustainable. In our built environment work, that means designing spaces that foster innovation, cultivate collaboration, and drive the next great discovery for humanity. Bring your creativity, collaborative spirit and extreme attention to detail, and we’ll help you grow, pursue and fulfill what drives you – so we can deliver extraordinary solutions for a better tomorrow, together.
Due to recent project award based in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, as Project Director you will be responsible for leading the full life cycle of a large mixed-use development, overseeing both the design and construction of its infrastructure and built environment.
In a true collaborative leadership style, you will manage, develop, and coordinate the design and construction processes, ensuring that design and build plans are within functional program, budgetary, environmental and legal requirements. This will include maximizing utilization of our Global Design Centres as well as our global Subject Matter Experts. You will also be accountable for:
– Driving development and delivery performance so that all milestones are met or exceeded without compromising cost targets, safety, security or quality
– Directly managing consultants and contractors engaged in the design and build process
– Planning and coordinating the operations required for consultants, and contractors to function in a safe, secure, productive and collaborative environment
– Validating project plans, budgets, performance status, forecast, trends, risks, and key decisions thereby enabling escalation as necessary
– Providing management and oversight of the construction and commissioning by ensuring that all objectives are being achieved including those related to cost, schedule, safety, quality, technology, security, logistics, supply chain delivery and sustainability
**Here’s What You’ll Need**:
You will be degree qualified in a building related discipline i.e. Mechanical, Electrical Civil, Construction, Architectural or Structural Engineering and will come with experience of leading and successfully delivering large scale mixed-use development/s across the Middle East. You will have delivered such projects across the full life cycle, taking a project from concept design, through detailed design, construction, commissioning to project handover.
You will have experience of successfully managing contractors in a design and build environment, being able to engage, inspire and motivate to get the best results and ultimately deliver in line with stakeholder expectations.
Experience of working in Saudi Arabia is advantageous as well being a qualified member of a recognized institution or organization (to include but not necessarily be limited to APM, ICE, RICS, CIOB, AIA, RIBA).