Banqueting Manager Togetajob
Accor HQDirect Employer on Togetajob since 01/01/1970
**Rixos Doha Qetaifan Island North**
Opening mid 2022, Rixos Doha Qetaifan will comprise a 345-key hotel, along with a souq encompassing 11,000sq m of leasing space, a beach club, a theme park and a waterpark. The resort will boast panoramic views of the Arabian Gulf. Slated to make its debut right before the World Cup, Rixos plans to provide a platform for showcasing Qatar as a tourism destination. One of the country’s biggest draws will be Qetaifan Island North’s waterpark attraction The Icon Tower, the world’s highest tower of its kind, reaching 82 metres in height.
This position is responsible for the daily leadership of the hotel’s Banqueting operation, leading the Banqueting team to provide exemplary service to our guests. The Banqueting facilities include a 660 seat Ballroom with pre-function space and two meeting rooms. A key attribute will be to recruit and develop a pre-opening team for the Banqueting and prepare the outlet for all aspects of opening in mid 2022.
**What’s in it for you**:
– Be part of a unique and complex resort in Qatar
– Take advantage of opportunities to be recognized for your professional contributions
– Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
– Learning programs through our academies
– Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world
– Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities like Planet 21
**What you will be doing**:
– Developing the operating standards in the pre-opening stage to set the style of service to be achieved
– Leading and motivating the Banqueting team to provide exceptional levels of service to our guests
– Liaising with the hotel Sales Team to identify and convert banqueting sales opportunities
– Develop the Outside Catering business as opportunities arise, ensuring that P & L assessments are completed on a case by case basis.
– Training, empowering, and inspiring your team to be extraordinary in their service
– Organizing the team day to day in our outlets to ensure an efficient and smooth dining service
– Always being present on the floor during service and getting hands-on to assist when needed
– Ensuring that all operating standards are met so that extraordinary service levels are achieved
– Developing and empowering your team to manage guest recovery situations promptly and gracefully
– Complying with all the food hygiene, health & safety, and our COVID19 policies
– Ensuring there is good communication day to day within your team and across the hotel
– Consistently offer professional, friendly, and engaging service.
**Your experience and skills include**:
– Degree in Hotel/Hospitality Management
– Must have two years of Experience working as Banquet Manager within GCC country
– Passion for Hospitality and understanding of 5-star hospitality and what it takes to deliver it
– Strong team player with excellent leadership skills
– Excellent communications skills and gravitas to take control when needed
– Ability to make a quick decision
– Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced and changing environment
– Able to work cohesively and collaboratively as part of a team
– Willing to work in rotating shifts including weekends and public holidays
– Good knowledge of spoken and written English
**Your team & working environment**:
At Accor, we are Heartists!
Are you ready to put your heart at the center of everything that you do? If so, then join our team of Heartists at Rixos Qetaifan Island, Every day, we look for opportunities to engage on a personal & meaningful way with our guests and each other. We deliver heartfelt hospitality in an environment that is engaging, enthusiastic and professionally rewarding!
**Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion**:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
**Why work for Accor?**
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow’s hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! **#BELIMITLESS